Gun control articles focus on the dangers resulting from misuse of guns by people who own guns. Every gun control article uses several research facts to support the demand that gun control laws should be made more stringent. Some of the research facts used by gun control articles are:
1) About 60 percent of homicides that occur in the United States result from the use of guns. This fact strongly suggests that killers find guns to be a convenient weapon to use on the victims.
2) There are gun crime statistics showing the number of deaths caused by guns for a population of 10,000. When these figures are compared for different countries, the US fares worse than South Africa. That is to say, proportionately more gun deaths take place in the US than in South Africa. Gun death statistics are a strong basis for supporting stringent legislation on gun control.
3) Another disturbing fact cited by gun control articles is that about 40 percent of the kids know where their gun owning parents keep the guns in their houses. So, they can get ready access to the guns. This should cause some worry to anyone.
4) One more fact involving children is that in areas where gun ownership is high, the incidence of gun death is also high. Gun control articles point out that this correlation is too strong and too damning to be ignored or taken lightly.
5) If you think that guns can cause only deaths and injuries, you are wrong. Guns can play havoc with the Economy as well. A gun control essay quotes research studies to show that there is an economic loss associated with guns too. And the loss estimated is huge standing at $3.7 billion per annum. This should make even the people managing the treasury to come out in support of strong gun control measures!
Gun control articles are thus able to build a strong case for tightening the laws, using research facts that cant be disputed by anyone.
Trackback from your site.